HOOT from home
Being creative makes you feel good
HOOT from home offers accessible creative activities that you can take part in at home. We believe that the arts are for everyone, even if you don’t think of yourself as creative but we understand how daunting it can be to take part in a creative activity if you don’t feel that you are ‘good at it’ so each HOOT from home activity has been designed by a professional community artist/musician, with no need for specialised art materials or instruments. Discover how being creative makes you feel good.
Out of the Blue programme on HOOT from home
HOOT Creative Arts' Out of the Blue programme of creative activities for mental health & wellbeing is now available online.
HOOT from home is a secure online platform where people can:
- Take part in a creative activity each week, with instructions and inspiration provided by professional community artists & musicians
- Share their work by uploading to our online gallery
- Discuss their work with other participants through online forums
- Take part in regular live chats with our lead artists and creative support workers
Just like the usual Out of the Blue sessions that took place in Huddersfield and Dewsbury, these online sessions are completely free for people who are aged 18+, residents in Kirklees & looking to protect and/or maintain their mental health and wellbeing.
Activities include music and visual arts with digital music, creative writing and singing to come soon.
We believe that the arts are for everyone, even if you don’t think of yourself as creative but we understand how daunting it can be to take part in a creative activity if you don’t feel that you are ‘good at it’ so each activity has been designed by a professional community artist/musician, with no need for specialised art materials or instruments.
A referral is required to access this programme. You can refer yourself or someone you know through HOOT's website.
Visit www.hootcreativearts.co.uk/how-attend to complete a referral form or for more information.
You can call our team to discuss the service and referrals process
1 - 3PM Monday & Wednesday: Jonathan (07833 232089)
1 - 3PM Tuesday & Thursday: Kathy (07388 800767)
I’ve been to a Hoot group before, how do I join?
To take part if you’ve already been referred or referred yourself, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org stating your name and what art form you’d like to take part in. An invite will be sent to you within 1 working day, and will come from email@example.com. Click on the link in the email, where it will take you straight to the page where create your account. Once created, a member of Hoot staff will assign you to the art form you’d like to try.
I’ve not been to a Hoot group before, how do I join?
Visit the referrals page to refer yourself or someone else to these online sessions. You can refer yourself, or somebody else can refer you on your behalf. Once we’ve received your referral, we’ll ring you within 3 working days to have a chat about what you’d like try. Alternatively, you can complete your referral over the phone with one of our CSWs.
How else can I get involved?
- Visit www.hootcreativearts.co.uk/whats-on to see all the open creative activities running. You can join in with harmony singing, Make your Mark (Visual Arts), Pen Letters (Creative Writing & Doodling) or record some sounds with Play your Part (Digital Music). Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram or join our mailing list for updates.
- We have a selection of our previous gigs, online singing and Think Gigs talks available online for free here. You can also listen to a selection of our previous compilation albums on our Bandcamp page.
More information on all HOOT services and activites can be found HERE.