All Hoot sessions have been cancelled until further notice. We are not currently processing any new referrals to our services.
If you would like to be contacted when sessions return, please email email@example.com with your name and the best way to contact you.
You can also take part in our online creative activities for free with 'HOOT from HOME' - visit the Whats On page to find out more
We hope to see you soon.
Out of the Blue
HOOT’s arts & mental health service
Be Creative – Feel Better
A varied programme of arts activities in Huddersfield and Dewsbury for people who are:
- Complete beginners to experienced artists/creatives
- Living in Kirklees
- Experiencing issues with their mental health (a diagnosis not necessary)
- Protecting or maintaining their wellbeing/mental health
If you’re unsure if this is the right thing for your client, check out our What's On guide and if you’re still unsure, give us a call: 01484 516224
If you would like to refer someone or are looking to attend yourself, click one of these links:
HOOT’s dementia service
Breathing Space is for people who are concerned about their memory, or those who are in the process of obtaining or already have a diagnosis of early stage dementia and a family member, partner, carer or support worker.
Participants can take part in weekly group sessions (free for people living in Kirklees) where they can meet people, make friends and have fun. Sessions include music, song, movement and visual arts. Absolutely no previous experience is needed. It's a place to revisit forgotten stories, songs and creative skills and explore new and exciting ones.
In order to attend Breathing Space, referred participants must:
- Have memory concerns or problems, be in the process of obtaining or have already obtained a diagnosis of dementia (early stage)
- Be interested in participating in creative group activities
- Have a family member, partner, carer or support worker who will regularly attend sessions with them
- Have support for any additional needs e.g. personal care
- Be able to get to and from the group