Out of the Blue (OOB)
Kirklees' arts & mental health service for adults
Be Creative – Feel Better
A varied programme of arts activities for people who are:
- Complete beginners to experienced artists/creatives
- Living in Kirklees
- Experiencing issues with their mental health (a diagnosis not necessary)
- Protecting or maintaining their wellbeing/mental health
We have a new online creative offer that you can access from a laptop, smartphone or tablet called HOOT from home, click here to find out more. We're also developing new ways that people can take part in Out of the Blue without internet access.
If you’re unsure if this is the right thing for you email us at email@example.com or give us a call: 01484 516224
If you’re interested in attending or want to refer someone, click one of these links:
HOOT’s dementia service
Breathing Space is for people who are concerned about their memory, or those who are:
- in the process of obtaining or
- already have a diagnosis of early stage dementia
- and a family member, partner, carer or support worker.
You can take part in weekly group sessions (free for people living in Kirklees) where you can meet people, make friends and have fun. Sessions include music, song, movement and visual arts. Absolutely no previous experience is needed. It's a place to revisit forgotten stories, songs and creative skills and explore new and exciting ones. We hope to see you soon.
Please complete the form below to register your interest in Breathing Space sessions and a member of the Breathing Space team will be in touch with you as soon as possible to discuss the next steps.
Due to Covid-19 pandemic group sessions are currently suspended however we are exploring and developing other ways to offer creative activities to people living with dementia and their carer or family member. When we receive your referral a member of our team will phone you for a chat. You can also take part in our online creative activities for free with HOOT from home
For any other queries, please contact Dave or Moira (the Breathing Space team) on 01484 516224.
In order to attend Breathing Space, referred participants must:
- Have memory concerns or problems, be in the process of obtaining or have already obtained a diagnosis of dementia (early stage)
- Be interested in participating in creative group activities
- Have a family member, partner, carer or support worker who will regularly attend sessions with them
- Have support for any additional needs e.g. personal care
- Be able to get to and from the group